Welcome to the Continuing Education Service
We aim to inspire the people of Stockport with our high quality courses. Some courses are designed to help you get a job or get on at work, while others offer more informal learning for personal development, health and well-being.
We hope your course will help you to achieve your personal goals and interests. We pride ourselves on our very personal and supportive approach and on being very focused on helping learners progress and achieve success.
What we expect from you at all times is to:
• Treat everyone with dignity and respect
• Achieve the best you can
• Be an active member of our learning community by working with others
• Attend all your classes on time and inform us of any absences or reasons for lateness
• Submit your work on time
• Ask for advice and support when necessary
• Tell us if your address or contact information changes
• Help us to improve by providing feedback during your learning
• Support during learning
If you feel you can benefit from additional help during your learning you can speak to your tutor who will arrange for you to discuss it with Learner Services. Support staff can help you build confidence and help you to become a more independent learner.
If you are on a means tested benefit you may also be eligible for financial support for childcare costs, travel and exam fees.